Monday, October 4, 2010

Sow Dakohda

After the storms passed through they bequeathed very strong winds from the north. A degenerative condition in shoulders and neck troubles me most of the time, and having to counter-steer and lean against this wind for hundreds of miles made things far more acute; this would continue to cause problems for the rest of the trip and even make me ponder whether I could continue to ride. I gave up at 570 miles and pulled into a Super 8 motel in Mitchell SD, home of the famous Corn Palace. A long soak in the hot tub, along with two fingers of Woodford Reserve over ice, made me feel somewhat better- although I would sleep little that night.

The Strom resting in the parking lot in Mitchell.
Drove past the Corn Palace in the early a.m., then headed west into that dratted wind again in order to meet Barry at the motel in Rapid City. I had promised him a ride on Hi-Ho Silver to the dealer where he would pick up his bike, which he had shipped north.

No comments:

Post a Comment